These General Business Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the GBTC) regulate the mutual contractual relationship between Grandhotel Salva, which is operated by the company Salva Guarda Service a.s. (hereinafter referred to as the Provider or the Company), and the client – an individual or a legal entity who books accommodation at the Hotel (hereinafter referred to as the Client).
In the event that the provisions of contracts, including standardised Company contracts, and the provisions of the GBTC are in contradiction, the contractual provisions shall take precedence over the provisions of the GBTC.
The GBTC become part of pre-contractual agreements upon the commencement of such agreements and part of the contracts upon their conclusion.
1. Pre-contractual agreements include the booking of services, negotiating of conditions of service and the final confirmation of the booking by the Provider.
2. Services must be booked in writing and must clearly state who is making the booking and the subject of the booking (type of services, dates, prices etc.). Bookings must be sent to the respective Company department, i.e. the Sales and Booking Department or the Director of the hotel.
3. Upon signing for a booking or confirming in an e-mail, the Provider expresses its consent for providing the booked services within the agreed scope, and at that moment the contract is concluded.
4. In the event that additional services are booked later by the Client or a person appointed by it/an authorised representative, the Provider and the Client are obliged to proceed in accordance with this article. The Provider undertakes to make the maximum effort to provide the additional required services. However, it does not guarantee to provide them.
Obligations of the contractual parties
1. Upon entering into the contract, the Provider is obliged to provide the Client with the services stated in the contract and the Client is obliged to purchase the services and pay the Company the agreed price for their provision.
Start of accommodation period
1. Upon check-in, every guest proves their identity with an identity card or another ID card. After meeting all the statutory requirements including filling-in the registration card (record for Foreign Police Department), reception accommodates the guest and provides them with further details regarding their accommodation.
2. Accommodation Rules constitute an integral part of the General Business Terms and Conditions.
1. If the Provider requires a deposit for the booked services, the Client is obliged to pay the Company the deposit in a regular manner, i.e. in the amount and on the date stated in the contract; a deposit is deemed paid when the respective amount has been credited to the Provider’s bank account, unless agreed otherwise. If a deposit has not been paid by the Client, the Provider reserves the right to cancel the booking and demands that the Client pays the due cancellation fees according to Article V. herein.
2. The Client is obliged to pay the agreed price for accommodation. The Client undertakes to pay the invoice in cash upon check-out or within the term of payment stated; unless otherwise agreed, the term of payment is 10 days after the invoice is issued. The Client must inform the Company of any inconsistencies in an invoice in writing within 5 calendar days of them receiving it. In the event that the Provider finds a claim regarding an invoice justified, the maturity date of the invoice in question is postponed and the payable amount as stated on the invoice will be payable within the term of payment as stated on a newly issued invoice. In the event that the Provider finds a claim regarding an invoice unjustified, the payable amount is payable within the term of payment as stated on the invoice.
3. A payment is deemed paid when it has been credited to the Provider’s bank account as stated on the invoice, unless agreed otherwise.
4. In the event that the Client is in arrears with the payment for the rendered services, the Provider has the right to demand that the Client pays not only pay the amount of the outstanding payment, but also late payment interest in the amount of 0.5% of the outstanding payment for every subsequent day, starting with the first day following the maturity date of the invoice, until its payment in full.
5. The Provider reserves the right to use any payment from the Client to pay previous debt(s), which the Client owes the Provider. The Provider has the right to use the blocked funds to pay all the debts created during the guests stay or after their departure (e.g. drinks from the mini-bar, food and drinks from the restaurant or café, breach of the non-smoking rules etc.).
Terms of cancellation
1. Cancellation shall mean the cancellation, postponement or modification of an already confirmed booking.
2. The Client is obliged to make the cancellation in writing to the person with whom the conditions of the contract were agreed; if there is no such person, then with the director of the hotel.
3. If the Client cancels the booked and confirmed services, they are obliged to pay the Provider cancellation fees according to the price conditions of the booking in question; the calculation of the cancellation fees will be based on the prices of the cancelled services including VAT, as follows:
Cancellation terms for individual bookings:
At least 3 days before arrival – free of charge
2-0 days before arrival/no-show – 100% of the total price
The cancelation policy for group reservations (for more than 6 rooms inclusive) or conference and events will be specified individualy.
4. In these GBTC, the price of the room is understood to be the price of accommodation and breakfast buffet, local taxes and VAT at the statutory rate.
5. The Client will be charged for the cancellation fee by means of an invoice with a 10-day term of payment. If the cancellation fee is not duly paid, the Client is obliged to pay the Provider not only the amount of the cancellation fee but also late payment interest in the amount of 0.5 % of the outstanding amount for each commenced day of the debt, starting on the first day following the maturity date of the cancellation fee, until its payment.
Making claims for services
1. The Client is obliged to make claims regarding the services provided by the Provider in writing to the person with whom the conditions of the contract were agreed; if there is no such a person, then with the director of the hotel. Such claims must be filed without delay after the deficiencies in services were found, no later than on the day following the last day on which the services in question were provided to the Client. Later claims will not be accepted.
Withdrawal from the contract
1. Each contractual party has the right to withdraw from the contract under the conditions and for the reasons stipulated by law or the contract.
2. The Provider has the right to withdraw from the contract with immediate effect (to a full extent or partially) in the event that the Client substantially breaches the contract or repeatedly breaches any contractual obligation, or if the Client is repeatedly in arrears with the payment of any debt for more than 10 days after the maturity date.
1. Any and all disputes arising in relation to the provision of services by the Company, including related services, shall be governed by Czech law and will be resolved by the general court of the Provider regardless of the seat/address of residence of the Client. The priority is to settle disputes amiably.
Consent to deliver business offers
1. The Client gives its consent to the Provider for sending business offers according to Act No. 480/2004 Sb. on certain services for information companies. The Client expresses its consent to sending newsletters to its e-mail address by sending a request form via the Provider’s website. The Client may withdraw its consent any time.
1. If the Provider is not able to meet the agreed conditions, despite its best efforts, due to force majeure, it has the right to withdraw from the contract without further notice unless otherwise agreed by the parties. Force majeure is understood to be mainly damage to the hotel and its equipment by natural disasters, and in the event of force majeure the Client is not entitled to claim any sanctions or make equivalent claims against the Provider.
1. The contractual parties are aware that liability of the Provider, the Client and clients of The Client is governed by the provisions of Section 2894 and the following of Act No. 89/2012 Sb., The Civil Code. Any damage will be compensated in a monetary form unless the contractual parties agree otherwise. In the event that damage is caused by the Client’s clients and the clients do not pay for the damage, the Client undertakes to pay for such damage as if it were caused by the Client themselves.
2. The Provider has the right to require a deposit upon the arrival of clients in the form of a payment card pre-authorisation or a deposit in cash. The Company undertakes to return the deposit or part of it to the clients upon their check-out after the settlement of any debts.
3. If the Company finds the actions of the Client or its clients to be a substantial breach of the Accommodation Rules of the hotel, the Company has the right, after discussing it with the Client, to terminate the Client’s or its client’s accommodation without compensation or without a limitation of the right to invoice for the accommodation.
4. The Client expressly agrees that the Provider has the right to process and store all the information and data provided by the Client for the purpose of processing the booking pursuant to the regulations currently in force, in particular Act No. 101/2000 Sb. on the protection of personal data.
5. The Client takes into account that for the storage of valuables there is a safe in the room (for items of a maximum value of 20,000 CZK) or at the reception (items of the highest value). The hotel is not responsible for loss of or damage to valuables left openly in a room or in the hotel outside of a safe.
6. Smoking is strictly forbidden in the whole hotel apart from areas designated for smoking. In the event that the ban is breached, the Provider has the right to charge the guests € 200.00 for creating a fire hazard and the deep cleaning of the premises.
7. Any personal belongings that guests leave behind at the hotel will be sent to them at their cost by Czech Post (cash on delivery).
8. All amounts are calculated in EUR using the daily exchange rate from ČNB (Czech National Bank). When paying by credit card, the exchange rate may differ depending on the exchange rate used by the bank that issued the credit card.
9. The hotel (the Provider) has the right to use blocked funds to pay all the debts created during the stay of a guest or after their departure (e.g. drinks from the mini-bar, food and drinks in the restaurant or café, breach of the non-smoking rules etc.).
10. In the event that guest pays for the accommodation in cash, they are obliged to pay a deposit in the amount of 100% of the accommodation price upon check-in.
1. These GBTC become valid and effective on 1st January 2017.